What’s so interesting about water? This is fair question considering it is one of the most basic and yet fundamental substances on the planet. We could write books about the fascinating secrets behind H2O, but let’s just focus on how incredible water is when it comes to the human body. Take a look at these 10 surprising facts about something you ingest every single day.
- So must of us know that the human body is 60-70% water, but did you know that when you feel thirsty, you’ve already lost 1%? In neutral environments, the body can only live 3-5 days without water. In harsh environments, that number drops to two!
- Without exertion or high temperatures, the body expels about 600 ml of water per day in urine, 400 ml through our skin and 200 ml when we breathe! That’s a little more than 5 cups a day on basic survival in comfortable surroundings!
- We’ve all heard the recommendation of drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day, around two liters. The truth is it depends on your size, weight, health, climate and level of activity. To know how much water is right for you, you need to pay attention to your body. Your urine should always be colorless to a very light yellow. If you were to measure the amount of urine you produce in a day, it should be around 1.5 liters. The easiest observation is to rarely or never feel thirsty!
- Water boosts your workout by giving energy to your muscles. Water hydrates cells keeping them from fatigue and increasing performance. Our muscles are about 75% water, and when they become dehydrated, they feel weak, tired and have an electrolyte imbalance which can cause cramping.
- Water is the primary lubricant in our joints which helps to cushion our bones. If you are experiencing joint pain, but do not have arthritis or any other diseases of the bones or tissue, you may be dehydrated.
- Blood is 92% water, and it carries nutrients to every part of the body. Your stomach and intestines make food water-soluble so the nutrients can be circulated through the blood. This is why proper hydration is vital and affects how much energy your body receives from food.
- To prevent heat exhaustion or heat stroke, your body sweats. The sweat cools the skin which cools the body. Your body cannot sweat if it does not have enough water.
- Sure you can buy fancy detox systems for your body, or you can just increase your water intake. Water is the most powerful detoxifier you can ingest because it hydrates the kidneys allowing them to get rid of more toxins.
- If you are even slightly dehydrated, your digestive system cannot do its work efficiently causing a buildup of waste throughout your bowels, kidneys and liver. This will flood the body with too many toxins. Water will get everything moving again.
- One of the best kept secrets of water is it truly is a fountain of youth! Even slight dehydration will cause your skin to appear wrinkled, dry and dull. By giving your body enough water your skin will protect itself from losing excess water and appear smoother and brighter!
Now you have ten new reasons to grab another bottle of Avitae! Your welcome.